A new tank top for men is on a mission to beat down the term “wifebeater.” Mike Schwarz is the founder of RibbedTee.com, which sells stylish, sleeved men’s undershirts that are ribbed like a typical wifebeater. Today, his company will launch a line of fitted men’s tank tops but instead of calling them “wifebeaters,” they’ll be dubbed “Protectors.” That’s because Schwarz has always found the term “wifebeater” – in reference to a tank top – trashy and offensive. He’s hoping the “Protector” changes the way people see ribbed tanks and stamps out the politically incorrect term for good.
Schwarz’s new and improved undershirts are more “luxurious, durable, and vibrant” than regular tanks, so that should also help boost the garment’s image. He’s looking to team up with charities and donate proceeds from the “Protector” to victims of domestic violence.
A Tank with a Cause: The Protector
RibbedTee will donate 50¢ to a charity that provides aid & support to victims of domestic violence.
What's new with RibbedTee?
- Luxurious Lenzing Modal / Cotton ribbed knit blend makes this tank Ultra-soft.
- More absorbent, more durable, and more color brilliant than standard 100% cotton tank tops
- No Spandex to weigh this tank top down
- Longer cut keeps this tank tucked in throughout the day
- Perfect for wearing as active wear or casual everyday wear
- Designed to shrink down to size
- Made in the U.S.A.
Fabric: Ribbed knit 2×1, 50% Lenzing Modal, 50% Combed Cotton
Colors: White, Black (coming soon)