A new tank top for men is on a mission to beat down the term â€œwifebeater.â€ Mike Schwarz is the founder of RibbedTee.com, which sells stylish, sleeved menâ€™s undershirts that are ribbed like a typical wifebeater. Today, his company will launch a line of fitted menâ€™s tank tops but instead of calling them â€œwifebeaters,â€ theyâ€™ll be dubbed â€œProtectors.â€ Thatâ€™s because Schwarz has always found the term â€œwifebeaterâ€ â€“ in reference to a tank top â€“ trashy and offensive. Heâ€™s hoping the â€œProtectorâ€ changes the way people see ribbed tanks and stamps out the politically incorrect term for good.
Schwarzâ€™s new and improved undershirts are more â€œluxurious, durable, and vibrantâ€ than regular tanks, so that should also help boost the garmentâ€™s image. Heâ€™s looking to team up with charities and donate proceeds from the â€œProtectorâ€ to victims of domestic violence.
A Tank with a Cause: The Protector
RibbedTee will donate 50Â¢ to a charity that provides aid & support to victims of domestic violence.
What’s new with RibbedTee?
- Luxurious Lenzing Modal / Cotton ribbed knit blend makes this tank Ultra-soft.
- More absorbent, more durable, and more color brilliant than standard 100% cotton tank tops
- No Spandex to weigh this tank top down
- Longer cut keeps this tank tucked in throughout the day
- Perfect for wearing as active wear or casual everyday wear
- Designed to shrink down to size
- Made in the U.S.A.
Fabric: Ribbed knit 2×1, 50% Lenzing Modal, 50% Combed Cotton
Colors: White, Black (coming soon)